COVID-19: Wills & Power of Attorney
Please be aware that we have implemented the following protocols for completing Wills and Powers of Attorney in our office during this time:
- For each appointment at our office, prior to entering our office, we kindly ask that you wash your hands in the bathroom in the hallway outside our office.
- We are keeping our office door locked at this time. After you have washed your hands, feel free to knock on the door (in case we don’t see you waiting at the door) and we will let you in.
- As per By-Law No. 20-035, a face mask is required to be worn at all times during your appointments.
- We are not accepting payment by cash at this time. Payment may be made by cheque, debit card or credit card.
- While we will try to complete your documents and schedule your signing appointment in as timely a manner as possible after your first appointment, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. Our priority at this time is ensuring real estate transactions close on time despite the challenges presented as a result of reduced bank hours and closed bank branches; so there may be limited availability for the signing appointment and the turnaround time for signing your documents may be longer than during “normal” operation.
- As a reminder, Wills and Powers of Attorney are drafted over the course of two appointments. At the first appointment, we listen to, discuss and record your wishes and the details of your Wills and Powers of Attorney. Several weeks later, once your documents have been drafted as per your specific instructions, we meet with you to review and sign the documents.
- For the second appointment (the signing appointment), it is mandatory that you wear a face mask.
- Please be advised that we have limited the capacity of people permitted in our meeting room and in our office. We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing any guests with you to any appointment.