Welcome to SBM Law
**Please note that our office is open for essential services only and by appointment only. NO WALK-INS PERMITTED. Please also be aware that COVID-19 continues to be a serious public health issue and it is not “business as usual”. It may take longer than usual to book an appointment and the turnaround time on certain tasks may take longer than usual. We kindly ask for your understanding and patience in this regard. Please consult our Services page for updated information regarding what services we are continuing to offer. In following the Ministry of Health’s guidelines, should you need to come to our office, we are implementing the following protocols to ensure the safety of everyone in our office and in our building:
- We require that you wash your hands thoroughly with soap for 20 seconds before entering our office and after leaving our office (the bathrooms are in the hallway right before you enter our office! 😊). If you fail to wash your hands before entering our office in the building’s bathroom, your appointment will be cancelled;
- As per By-Law No. 20-035, a face mask is required to be worn at all times during your appointment;
- Walk-ins are NOT permitted. ALL WALK-INS WILL BE TURNED AWAY. Appointments must be made in advance;
- Payment by cash will not be accepted. At this time, we can only accept payment by cheque, debit card or credit card.
- Physical distancing measures must be adhered to while in the office;
- As we have limited the number of people allowed in our office at one time. Guests are not permitted in our office. Only those who are part of the service(s) we are assisting you with are permitted in our office;
- We kindly ask that all clients who have returned from any destination outside of Canada within the past 2 weeks of this notice refrain from attending at our office for the next 14 days (being March 30, 2020);
- We require all clients who are returning or will be returning from any destination outside of Canada to refrain from attending at our office for at least 14 days following the date of return (we also kindly ask that you self-isolate for at least 14 days as per the Ministry of Health’s guidelines);
- We require all clients who have knowingly been in contact with anyone who has returned from any destination outside of Canada to refrain from attending at our office for 14 days following the date of last contact with such person;
- We reserve the right to turn away anyone who attends at our office displaying any cold, flu or other symptoms as listed on the Ministry of Health’s website and/or the Region of Waterloo’s website;
- If you are ill or have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not attend at our office until you have tested negative for COVID-19 or the symptoms have been gone for at least a week.
If you fail to adhere to these protocols and endanger the health and safety of our staff or our clients, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be denied entry into our office. Further, your behavior will be reported to the local authorities and you may be subject to a fine of up to $1 million and/or up to 6 months’ imprisonment.
These protocols are important to protect not just the health and safety of our staff and fellow business owners in our building, but especially to protect the health and safety of each and every one of our clients and any other clients who attend at our building, some of whom are elderly and/or who may have underlying health conditions that we are not aware of. We all need to do our part to help ensure the health and safety of ourselves and of those around us. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and consideration during this difficult time and we thank you for your kind consideration of others.
“…The whole superhero thing is much more than just wearing a cape and getting famous.” – Zatanna
“All of us have powers, skills and abilities. Where I come from, heroes use those powers to fight, to make the world a better place, whether it’s their world or not.” – Barry Allen/The Flash**
SBM Law is concentrated in the areas of real estate law, wills and estates law, corporate and commercial law and notary public. We approach each transaction with the realization that it is one of the most important moments in your life and we do everything we can to make that experience a positive one.
We believe that there should be as few surprises as possible in any of these matters and that communication with you is the most important part of every transaction. We try to help you be relaxed in your dealings with us and to answer questions as they arise. There are no stupid questions and if a client has any concerns or uncertainties, we encourage them to discuss these with us as soon as they occur.
We practice in a relaxed, professional environment and strive to provide you with high quality legal services at a reasonable cost. We are accessible to you, happy to answer your questions and we work hard to anticipate your uncertainties and worries before they arise.
We invite you to contact us at any time for further information about our firm or to discuss how we can assist you with your legal needs.
“I’ll always be there. Always. It’s not the powers. Not the cape. It’s about standing up for justice. For truth. As long as people like you are out there, I’ll be there. Always.” ~ Superman