Now Hiring: Receptionist/Secretary
SBM Law is currently looking for a Receptionist/Secretary. As our firm continues to grow, we require an energetic, dedicated, reliable and friendly individual to join our team in the role of a receptionist/secretary.
– strong willingness and enthusiasm to perform all reception and secretarial tasks assigned, no matter how menial and tedious;
– strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail;
– excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal respectfully and effectively with clients, lawyers, colleagues and other professionals;
– must be 100% honest, admit your mistakes and have integrity;
– ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment;
– ability to work as part of a team and adhere strictly to instructions;
– ability to accept criticism and learn from mistakes;
– willingness and eagerness to learn and comprehend legal jargon;
– strong spelling and grammar skills and strong ability to speak and write professionally and in proper standard English (“netspeak” and other forms of slang will not be acceptable for any reason whatsoever);
– ability to handwrite legibly and quickly in a neat manner;
– must care about the work product;
– strong ability to be punctual, reliable, mature, professional and trustworthy;
– have a kind and friendly demeanour and a good-humoured personality; and
– knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and the like.
While we appreciate all applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that the salary starts at minimum wage; and, this position requires dedication, commitment, thoughtfulness, a strong work ethic and the ability to be kind and courteous towards others regardless of the situation. Some evening availability may be required to accommodate clients. Further, part-time or full-time hours are available for this position. SBM Law is focused on strong customer service and values loyalty, teamwork, high attention to detail and proven and consistent hard work and dedication and the ability to follow instructions and office protocol.
Please also note that, due to the highly sensitive and confidential nature of our clients’ information and high importance of attention to detail, we have a strict abstinence and no-tolerance policy towards all mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise (excluding caffeine). Please also note that our office is a scent-free office.
If this is acceptable to you and you are serious about working in a challenging environment and contributing your skills to the growth of a business, please E-mail your cover letter together with your resume to Sarah Manilla at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work at SBM Law and why you think you would be a good fit for this position and for our firm. Please also indicate your preference for part-time work or full-time work and whether your availability is flexible.