Legal Assistant/Receptionist/Law Clerk
Part-Time Legal Assistant/Receptionist
SBM Law is seeking a part-time receptionist/legal assistant. As our firm continues to grow, we require an energetic, dedicated, reliable, kind-hearted and friendly individual to join our team in the role of part-time receptionist/legal assistant. We encourage all those interested to apply; however, we recommend that applicants have some office and/or retail experience.
Skills and qualifications:
– strong work ethic and strong desire to be productive and complete all tasks assigned, no matter how menial;
– strong ability to be reliable, dependable, trustworthy and loyal;
– care about the work product and take pride in the quality of work produced;
– understand the unique character of a micro-business and that all employees contribute to the success of the company;
– have a friendly and good-humoured personality;
– have a strong willingness to learn and understand complex legal jargon, documents and processes;
– have strong organizational skills and have a high attention to detail;
– strong spelling and grammar skills;
– ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-stress environment and meet strict (and often swift) deadlines;
– excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clients, lawyers, colleagues and other professionals;
– strong ability to work as part of a team and adhere strictly to instructions;
– ability to think through things in a logical, rational manner; and
– ability to accept criticism.
While we appreciate all applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that the position requires you to be at the office two (2) to three (3) days per week from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; the pay starts at minimum wage; and this position requires dedication, commitment and the willingness to complete all tasks assigned, no matter how menial. Please also note that, due to the highly sensitive and confidential nature of our clients’ information and high importance of attention to detail, we have a strict abstinence and no-tolerance policy towards all mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise (excluding caffeine). Please also note that our office is a scent-free office.
If this is acceptable to you and you are serious about working in a fast-paced, high-stress, challenging and rewarding environment, please E-mail your cover letter together with your resume to Sarah Manilla at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work at SBM Law and why you think you would be a good fit for this position and for our firm. Please also state if there are specific days you would prefer to work or if your schedule is flexible.