Now Hiring: Full-Time Receptionist/Legal Assistant/Real Estate Law Clerk
SBM Law is seeking a full-time receptionist/legal assistant/real estate law clerk. As our firm continues to grow, we require an energetic, hardworking, reliable, kind-hearted and friendly individual to join our team in the role of full-time receptionist/legal assistant.
We encourage all those interested to apply; however, we recommend that applicants have some office and/or retail experience. Further, only those serious about committing to a career as a legal secretary/receptionist and real estate law clerk and willing to commit to helping people through hard work are encouraged to apply.
Skills and qualifications:
– strong willingness and enthusiasm to perform all tasks assigned, no matter how menial;
– ability to work under pressure and meet strict (and sometimes swift) deadlines;
– strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail;
– excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal respectfully and effectively with clients, lawyers, colleagues and other professionals;
– must be 100% honest, have integrity and have a strong desire to help people and have compassion towards others;
– ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment;
– ability to work as part of a team and adhere strictly to instructions (including a willingness to ask questions and never make assumptions about anything);
– ability to accept criticism;
– willingness and eagerness to learn and comprehend complex legal jargon and transactions;
– willingness and eagerness to perform reception and secretarial duties;
– strong spelling and grammar skills and strong ability to speak and write professionally and in proper standard English (“netspeak” and other forms of slang will not be acceptable for any reason whatsoever);
– ability to handwrite legibly and quickly in a neat manner;
– must care about the work product;
– strong ability to be punctual, reliable and trustworthy;
– have a friendly and good-humoured personality; and
– knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and the like.
We are looking to interview candidates as soon as possible. While we appreciate all applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that the position requires you to be at the office five (5) days per week from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; the pay is minimum wage; and this position requires dedication, commitment and a strong work ethic. Some evening and/or weekend availability is required to accommodate clients. Although the pay is minimum wage and there are no benefits, the atmosphere is vastly different from a large law firm and allows you to connect with clients and work in a more personable environment.
Further, please also note that, due to the highly sensitive and confidential nature of our clients’ information and high importance of attention to detail, we have a strict abstinence and no-tolerance policy towards all mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise (excluding caffeine). Please also note that our office is a scent-free office.
If this is acceptable to you and you are serious about working in a fast-paced, high-stress, challenging and rewarding environment, please E-mail your cover letter together with your resume to Sarah Manilla at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work at SBM Law and why you think you would be a good fit for this position and for our firm.