Part-Time Receptionist/Legal Assistant/Real Estate Law Clerk
SBM Law is seeking a part-time receptionist/legal assistant/real estate law clerk. As our firm continues to grow, we require an energetic, dedicated, reliable, kind-hearted, respectful and friendly individual with a strong work ethic to join our team in the role of part-time receptionist/legal assistant.
We encourage all those interested to apply; however, we recommend that applicants have some office and/or retail or customer service experience.
Skills and qualifications:
– strong willingness and enthusiasm to perform all tasks assigned, no matter how menial;
– ability to work under pressure and meet strict (and sometimes swift) deadlines;
– strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail;
– ability to think through things in a logical, rational manner;
– excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal respectfully and effectively with clients, lawyers, colleagues and other professionals;
– must be honest, have integrity and have a strong desire to help people and have compassion towards others and treat everyone you encounter with respect;
– ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment;
– ability to work as part of a team and adhere strictly to instructions;
– ability to accept criticism;
– willingness and eagerness to learn and comprehend complex legal jargon and transactions;
– willingness and eagerness to perform all reception and secretarial duties;
– willingness to learn on the job with little or minimal training;
– strong spelling and grammar skills;
– must care about the work product;
– strong ability to be punctual, reliable and trustworthy;
– have a friendly and good-humoured personality; and
– knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and the like.
We are looking to interview candidates as soon as possible. While we appreciate all applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that the position requires you to be at the office two (2) to three (3) days per week from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; the pay is minimum wage; and this position requires dedication, commitment and a strong work ethic. Although the pay is minimum wage and there are no benefits, the atmosphere is vastly different from a large law firm and allows you to connect with clients and work in a more personable environment. There is also the potential for this position to become a full-time position so only those serious about committing to a career as a legal secretary/receptionist and real estate law clerk and willing to commit to helping people through hard work are encouraged to apply.
Further, please also note that, due to the highly sensitive and confidential nature of our clients’ information and high importance of attention to detail, we have a strict abstinence and no-tolerance policy towards all mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise (excluding caffeine). Please also note that our office is a scent-free office.
If this is acceptable to you and you are serious about working in a fast-paced, high-stress, challenging and rewarding environment, please E-mail your cover letter together with your resume to Sarah Manilla at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work at SBM Law and why you think you would be a good fit for this position and for our firm. Please also state if there are specific days you would prefer to work or if your schedule is flexible.